VLC is one of the best media player for playing video , that also completely free . You don’t need any extra addons , just install it and play. It is the most popular media player with many extra ordinary features among which subtitle support is most prominent one. Most of people who are non english in accent love to watch english movies along with subtitle as it helps to understand the movie well. Many movies comes with subtitle preinstalled in it but if not available then people find it difficult to find the suitable respective subtitle for their movie. Thus we are going to discuss about Hot to automatically get subtitles in vlc media player for your movies, videos.
VLC media player comes with the feature of subtitle where it supports many different types of subtitle formats and files like “.srt”, “.sub” etc. But also it can support to include subtitle automatically. Now you can also download videos along with the subtitle from the youtube with the help of some plugins and softwares but for other types of videos and movies , you need this tutorial.
So here we are going to talk about the plugin which will let you to install subtitles automatically. VLC Media Player has the great plugin named “VLSUB” which will download subtitles for your video or movie from the site opensubtitles.org . Though it does not support some videos but mostly it easily support most of the movies. Thus It can be easily installed in vlc media player and you can get subtitle automatically. So lets discuss about the procedure for installing and configuring the plugin for making it easy for you to watch movies with subtitle.
How to Install the VLSUB in VLC Media Player
1. First of all you need to download VLC media player which you can easily download from their website.If already installed then go further. After that, download the VLSUb file which can be downloaded from Github page(Download link is given at the end of this article) . After that you need to extract the VLSB_MASTER folder. You can find the vlsub.lua file in extracted folder.
2. Now, Cut And Paste the vlsub.lua file which is downloaded , to the VLC
Extensions folder. Confused How to Move ?
Just save the vlsub.lua file in the ”vlc /lua/extensions” directory of your OS
Windows (all users): %ProgramFiles%VideoLANVLCluaextensions
Windows (current user): %APPDATA%vlcluaextensions
Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/extensions/
Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
Mac OS X (current user): /Users/%your_name%/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
For Example: if you have installed the VLC in Windows OS in Local Disk C:, the path to store that vlsub file isC:Program FilesVideoLANVLClua
3. Start VLC Media Player and Play any video and after that open the VLSUB from the menus, View-> VLSUB0.9 option. You can get the idea from the screenshot for subtitles of I am Legend Movie above.
4. In the VLSUB window, You can select the language of subtitle and also search with “Search By Name” and “Search By Hash” Options.
5. When VLSub finds the Subtitles, highlight it and click download selection to load the subtitle in the current playing movie automatically.